TYPES OF MiRC MEMBERSHIPS
There shall be three types of Memberships in the MiRC: Corporate, Service and Individual.
CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP in the MiRC shall be open to all organizations who are regularly engaged in the relocation of their employees and interested in furthering the study and solution of the problems encountered by relocated employees and their employers.
SERVICE MEMBERSHIP will be open to those organizations whose business activity is in any of the following relocation fields:
- Organizations who consult with employers on relocation policy development and/or administer programs
- Real estate brokerage, with an established relocation department
- Residential real estate appraising
- Residential mortgage lending
- Title insurance
- Shipment and storage of household goods.
- Residential property management
- Home building, with an established relocation department
- Spouse assistance
- Law firms involved in real estate or relocation
- Organizations providing any type of relocation service, directly or indirectly.
The Criteria for Service Membership acceptance for the MiRC will be:
Membership shall be open to all individuals in organizations that provide any type of relocation service directly or indirectly. Membership in the Worldwide Employee Relocation Council (ERC®) or the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) is preferred but not required.
INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP is intended for a person who may have been recently displaced, or who may be interested in joining the relocation industry.
The Criteria for Individual Membership acceptance for the MiRC will be:
Applicant should not currently be employed by either a Corporate or Service MiRC member company.